Friday, June 19, 2009
Friday, May 29, 2009
- A Brochure done either on Macintosh PAGES, or Microsoft Publisher
- iWeb website done on the Macs (including 7 pages)
- An animoto video
- A voicethread
- A Process Journal
- Brochure: Our brochure is an A4 page split into 3 parts, otherwise a very simple brochure.
*Note: I could not take screen shots of the iWeb, so if it is okay, I can only put up information, but not the screen shots pictures of the iWeb.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
- Deaths: 152(Mexico)
- Sickened: 50 in America, 6 in Canada, 2 in Scotland, 2 in Spain, 1 in Israel, 11 in New Zealand, and 1,995 in Mexico have pneumonia, but Swine flu not conmfired.
- Schools closing worldwide, Britain, United States, and Mexico.
- Mexico suspends all schools until May 6th. Surgical Masks given to public, and World Bank loans Mexico over $200 million dollars.
- WHO(World Health Organiztion) raises the alert level to Phase 4 of 6. Disease spreads easily, can become pandemic, but not easily. Some countries ban pork import, and airports screen travellers from Mexico and Americ.a
- World Stock Markets as investors worry that outbreak could derail economic recovery.
The 2nd News Article talks about how the recent outbreak of the new Swine Flu affecting the economy. The main idea of this article is about the recent pandemic activity of Swine Flu, and how it threatens new storms for the global economy, especially since the crisis just now seemed to settling down.
April 28th, 2009:
Recent news news tells us that the Swine Flu outbreak has unleashed a side effect that threatens the global economy in a very dangerous way.
China, Russia, and South Korea have banned imports of North American Pork, even after assurances that the disease cannot be spread through the meat. Investors had just started to pick themselves up, are now blown down again.
So far, fear of the flu is responible for the economic disruption and the disease itself. In Mexico City the Government has closed down many public places such as movie theaters, night clubs, museums, and other places where publicity can gather."That was a 36% drop in the revenue generated by tourism and services in Mexico city" says Arturo Mendicuti.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
1(Global Warming)- "an increase in the average temperature of the earth's atmosphere (especially a sustained increase that causes climatic changes"- www.dictionary.com
2(Biodiversity & Ecosystem Losses)- "The preservation of biodiversity is considered by environmentalists to be a major goal of environmental policy" - www.dictionary.com